When I started dreaming up this blog I wanted there to be a mixture of real-life lessons swirled in with fun little treasures. Today I want to talk about some of those treasures.
My week was a mixture of pure fun and the usual chores and routine.
Martin Luther King Day brought more snow and an extra day to enjoy with my sweet boy. The rest of the week included chocolate chip cookies, sledding, watching “I am Not Your Negro,” grocery shopping, finally packing away all of the Christmas decorations, making new business cards and working on our goals, and reading my new Magnolia magazine!
Sometimes these cold winter days make me want to crawl back into bed and hibernate. Luckily, my dad bought me the coziest robe for Christmas, so I slid that on, poured a cup of coffee and snuggled up at the computer! I’d like to call this hybrid hibernation… half productive, ALL cozy.
I thought it would be fun to talk about some of my favorite finds this week!
- I can't believe I am saying this but Valentine's Day is right around the corner. (I just finished saying goodbye to Christmas!) I snagged this cute garland for our fireplace mantel. Look at those sweet felt hearts with the stitching and beaded embellishments. I can't wait to hang it up.
- We are currently doing a small renovation in our powder room and I picked up this Project 62 mirror at Target. I love the clean lines and the little shelf at the base. It will be perfect for getting things off the counter in our small space. Next week I will share more details on the project, stay tuned!
- Speaking of that robe I am hibernating in… click here to check it out.
- My sister-in-law always gives the most thoughtful gifts and I am currently reading my first subscription to Magnolia Magazine. I am in love with all of the photos and the articles, it is a great combination of design and cooking and everyday life. A small way to press pause on the day and enjoy something just for you! The pages even feel velvety... what a treat!
- I couldn't resist these red and white buffalo plaid pillow covers for my living room chairs. They are 18"x18" so make sure your insert is 20"x20," and your pillows will be plush and beautiful. I also have these in black and white.
This weekend we will celebrate my sweet baby's 8th birthday around our Good table. It is true that the days are long but the years are short. He blesses our home with a larger than life personality and fills our walls with joy and laughter always. I believe he is an old soul; he is so wise for 8, he will move mountains one day. Grandpa is coming down from Chicago, and we are planning a day of Carter's favorites. Cinnamon roll breakfast, a trip to the Wonderlab in Bloomington, In, and dinner at his favorite Bub's Burgers.
My prayer this week for my boy...
Heavenly Father, You have given me the most precious gift in life. Your works are awesome; Carter is perfect because of You. I could never explain how grateful I am to experience the love and joy he brings to our lives. Protector, keep my baby safe under your watchful eye and continue to fill his soul with faith and keep his heart and mind open to accepting you. Let me never take this priceless gift for granted. Lord, please bless his steps today and each day forward.
It is in Your name I pray, Amen.